Section Menu

Housing & Residence Life

The Housing and Residence Life Office is located in Pyle Center and is staffed from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The residence halls at Wilmington are more than just places to sleep and to study. They are living-learning environments that promote individual growth and development.

They also provide a community living experience that is rich with learning opportunities. The Housing Department, under the direction of the Director of Housing & Residence Life, is part of the division of Student Life which is directed by the Vice President for Student Affairs.

View a Showroom (WC360) View a Common Area (WC360)

Virtual Tour

Launch The Village (Housing)

Housing and Board Requirements

All full-time regular students are required to live in the residence halls and board at the campus dining room. Preferred Housing (Campus Apartments) are required to carry a minimum meal plan.
Applications for exemption from the Housing requirement are available through the StarRez portal. An exemption may be granted by the Director of Housing & Residence Life for the following reasons:
  • The student will live with his/her parents/guardians within 30 miles of the City of Wilmington.
  • The student is legally married.
  • The student has already spent 8 semesters in campus housing.
  • The student is a single parent with custodial responsibilities.
  • The student will be 23 years of age by the first days of classes of Fall Semester.
  • The student will be a member of a fraternity and will be living in that organization’s designated (privately owned) house and has been approved by the Housing Office and the House Manager.
  • The student will be studying abroad.

Students may have invited guests in the residence halls and in the rooms at any time. Overnight guests must be registered with the Resident Assistant on the floor. Residents are held responsible for the behavior of their guests. Guests are expected to abide by the rules of the college and with housing policies.

Roommates select each other or are selected by the Housing Staff. Selections are done based on answers to a questionnaire which tries to assess compatibility. This profile is very important in finding the best roommate match. We highly suggest that the student fill out the Housing Application on the StarRez portal and conduct their own roommate search.

The cost to replace a lost or damaged ID card is $20. The cost to replace a lost residence hall room key is $80, billed to your student account. The cost to replace a Preferred Housing key is $120, billed to your student account.


If you have a medical or physical condition that requires special housing needs, you must have a letter from your family physician stating your condition, listing any prescription medications you are taking, on file with the College’s ADA Service provider and with the Housing and Residence Life Office. For some students with undocumented special needs, please see the Director of Housing & Residence Life for instructions.

For residents requiring air-conditioned rooms for health reasons:

You must have approval from the Director of Health Services. Approval will be based on the information received from your physician.
Submission of such information will be gathered through the Housing Application on the StarRez Portal through the accommodations sheet.
Students who try to install air conditioners, including portable models, will be subject to disciplinary action.
Applications must be renewed each academic year.