Pyle (for short) is the hub of student life on campus. Centrally-located, the student center provides areas for everything from studying to playing air hockey.
This brick structure, positioned between Friends and Marble halls, has been the center for students’ non-academic activity since 1957. Pyle Center for Students was named in honor of William Russell Pyle, long-time professor of mathematics and physics. The College dedicated it over three days of programming, Nov. 29, 30 and Dec. 1, 1957. Pyle Center was built with funds generated by the Kettering Challenge and the Alumni Association. The Student Dining Hall, known as the “TOP” (Top of Pyle) seats more than 350. The building, which underwent renovations in the 1960s, 1990s and 2010s today features the Student Dining Hall, kitchen and three smaller dining rooms on the third floor, the Student One Stop Service Center, Thomas Lounge, Margret Thomas Computer Lounge, Dean of Students Office and Student Government Suite on the main floor and The Underground (known in the 1980s and ’90s as the “BOP,” Bottom of Pyle, which features a large recreation room and a meeting area and lounge. At various times, The Underground had a snack bar/dining area.
View the Common Area & Student One Stop (WC360) View the Dining Area (TOP) (WC360)