Share Your Memories
Since its founding 150 years ago, Wilmington College has embraced its historic Quaker values of integrity, service, stewardship, equality, peace and social justice, and respect for all persons. These values continue to motivate those who learn and work at the College to make positive community contributions in their daily lives.
With this year being the 150th celebration of the College, the Advancement Team wanted to come up with fun and lasting events to remember this significant and unique year, as well as gathering objects or items that embrace these values of the College.
As part of the 150th anniversary, WC alumni, faculty, staff, students, and friends of the College are invited to make history by contributing items to be included in a time capsule to be buried on campus in April during our 150th Celebration Grand Finale event.
Keep these guidelines in mind:
- What message would you like to send in year 2070? Which memories represent WC as a whole? How do we want future Quakers to remember the College during 2020?
- You do not have to provide the items that you propose.
- You may submit as many ideas as you would like
- We encourage people to work together to submit ideas on behalf of student organizations, offices, departments, classes, families, or community organizations
- We may contact you for more information about your idea.
- Submissions will be accepted through Aug. 1, 2021.
Lastly, a few ideas of items that could be submitted for suggestion:
- Anything that represents your experience at WC
- Predictions for the future
- Pictures of things that may not be around in 50 years
- Posters and programs from various WC events
- A list of popular expressions or slang
- Newspaper articles
- Personal reflections
- No perishable items will be included
- Items must be smaller than a book or baseball, unless otherwise approved.
To submit your items, please complete the form below: