Fred Raizk Arena/Gymnasium
By the mid-1960s, the College's 15-plus-year building spree, starting with Marble Hall in 1948, covered the gamut of College activities: academics, housing, the fine arts, student life, even a new president's home — but little had been done to address the growing popularity of collegiate athletics. Hermann Court went online in late 1966 as a major facility housing a gymnasium for basketball, volleyball and wrestling, a natatorium, weight training room, locker rooms, athletic training clinic and offices for the Athletic Dept. Dedicated Dec. 10, 1966, Hermann Court was named in honor of financial benefactor Grover M. Hermann of Chicago. In 1999, the gymnasium was dedicated as Fred Raizk Arena in honor of the longtime coach and athletics administrator, Fred Raizk.