Originally a dormitory for women, Friends Hall, which was dedicated November 25, 1955, is named in recognition of the Religious Society of Friends. It was the first of several structures to be built from the $400,000 Kettering Challenge Fund. It originally featured 50 dorm rooms, two spacious lounges, a suite for the head resident, guest rooms and a kitchenette and laundry facilities.
Each student room is furnished with desks or study tables, chairs, beds, dressers, and wardrobe closets. Each student room also has wi-fi and basic cable TV hookups. Each floor has a shared, single-sex bathroom. Rooms are approximately 12′ x 16′.