Section Menu

Austin-Pickett

Residence Halls

Austin HallHISTORY of Austin Hall

This dormitory was begun in 1955 and completed in 1957. Made possible by a generous gift from Albert Austin, the College dedicated it, along with Pyle Center, Nov. 30, 31 and Dec. 1, 1957, and named the residence hall in honor of Dr. G.M. Austin and his family, who were interested in the higher education of American youth. The four-story brick structure initially housed 200 men and today, attached to Pickett Hall, serves as a co-educational residence hall largely for freshmen. 


History of Pickett Hall

Pickett Hall

Pickett and Austin halls, known as “A-P,” are literally married at the hip. In 1965, Pickett Hall was built to the west and joined to Austin by a wing housing service and study areas. It is named for Clarence Pickett, former head of the American Friends Service Committee, with which the College has had many connections through the years. 

Austin Hall HOUSING INFO

  • 145 Coed Freshmen (alternating floors)
  • Laundry Facility
  • TV Lounge
  • Vending Machines

Each student room is furnished with desks or study tables, chairs, beds, dressers, and wardrobe closets. Each student room also has wi-fi and basic cable TV hookups. Each floor has a shared, single-sex bathroom.

Pickett Hall HOUSING INFO

  • 250 Coed Freshmen (alternating floors)
  • Laundry Facility
  • TV Lounge
  • Vending Machines

Each student room is furnished with desks or study tables, chairs, beds, dressers, and wardrobe closets. Each student room also has wi-fi and basic cable TV hookups. Each floor has a shared, single-sex bathroom.