The College believes there is a basic oneness of humanity that says all persons have worth. It is out of respect for ourselves as a part of humanity that we at Wilmington College set forth these principles by which we expect our community to live:
- The expectation at Wilmington College is that trustees, faculty, administrators, staff, and students will treat all persons and all groups with respect.
- Wilmington College does not condone racial or ethnic epithets, slurs or derogatory remarks or publications by any member of the College community at any College event, and public function, or any educational or institutional activity.
- The College affirms its belief in the equality of the sexes, and its intent is to bring all policies and practices into harmony with the principle of equality.
- We expect that all members of the Wilmington campus community who attend athletic or other campus or intercollegiate events will refrain absolutely from harassment of an ethnic or racial nature, and will limit personal comments to those which can be reasonably described as good natured. We affirm our belief that sporting events should involve sportsmanlike conduct by participants and spectators alike, and we intend to work with other Colleges and groups with which we share activities, such as intercollegiate athletics, to establish similar codes of conduct.
- Wilmington College is committed to a Student Code of Conduct that has as its primary objective the solution of problems, and that is so constituted as to minimize the reality or the appearance of conflict of interest.
- Wilmington intends to go beyond the legal requirements of "equal opportunity" and pledges itself to seek actively members of minority groups, who are qualified for admission as students, for service as trustees and for employment as faculty, administrators, and staff. Wilmington seeks to "make riches of its diversity," and to that end will sponsor and support both intercultural and integrated intramural, social, recreational, educational, cultural, and service activities.