Robinson Communication Center (RCC) 103 or Virtual
Monday- Thursday | 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday | 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday | 5 to 10 p.m. (virtual only)
Schedule an Appointment
The Quaker Writing Center (QWC) supports all Wilmington College writers throughout in the writing process. We are dedicated to helping students to become more effective and confident writers. We embrace Wilmington College’s core values of Diversity, Excellence, Integrity, Peace and Social Justice, Respect for All Persons, and Service and Civic Engagement to form an inclusive and constructive environment for all members of the WC community. Appointments can be scheduled on Acuity.
Writing Tutors prioritize giving writer’s feedback “global concerns” including:
- thesis statement
- development and focus
- ethical source integration, including in-text and Works Cited/References
- identifying and correcting patterns of grammar and spelling error
Although some students do come to the QWC with questions concerning grammar and mechanics, please understand that editing and proofreading are not the primary concerns for the writing consultants. Writing assistants focus on global concerns and patterns of error. The writing assistants will provide students with the skills and strategies to recognize and resolve lower order concerns (e.g., punctuation, subject-verb agreement, fused syntax, ambiguous pronouns, comma splices, etc.).
The Quaker Writing Center offers a variety of appointment styles to best fit your needs when visiting. Find the type that’s best for you!
Real-Time: In-Person or via Zoom
- These can be scheduled for either 30 minutes or 1 hour; it’s better to have more time for longer papers, but sometimes you just have a few questions and only need 30 minutes!
- You can choose whether you’d like to meet with your tutor in person or over Zoom, and attaching your paper is optional (though recommended)!
- Great for when you are working on getting started, need help with organization, or have specific questions that you want to go over!
- Writing Assistants won’t just tell you what you need to fix–they’ll have a conversation about your writing and their ideas and recommendations.
Drop-Box: via Email
- These are scheduled to give our writing assistants designated time to work on your paper–the time that you schedule will be when they send it back to you!
- You attach your paper when you schedule the appointment, along with the assignment sheet, and receive feedback by the end of your scheduled time!
- Great for when you just want an extra set of eyes checking your paper for readability and idea communication!
- Writing Assistants won’t just fix everything for you and send it back–they’ll give you comments and suggestions for you to implement.