Professor of Mathematics / Chair, Department of Mathematics
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio (1996)
- M.Ed., The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio (1992)
- B.S. (U.S.) summa cum laude, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio (1990)
- FitzSimmons, J.A. (in review). Undergraduate Mathematics Writing Assignments.
- FitzSimmons, J.A., & Mitchell, A.D. (2014). A Statistical Analysis of Supplemental Instruction and Undergraduate Business Statistics Student Performance. Proceedings of the Fall Technical Symposium of the Cincinnati-Dayton Chapter of INFORMS, Dayton, OH: Wright State University.
- Mitchell, A.D., & FitzSimmons, J.A. (2008). Business Statistics Collaboration: A partnership between business and mathematics departments. Proceedings of the Fourth Business and Leadership Symposium, Fort Hays, KS: Fort Hays University.
- Brosnan, P.A., & FitzSimmons, J.A. (2001). Creativity. In L. Grinstein & S. Lipsey (Eds.). (2001). Encyclopedia of Mathematics Education (pp. 164-166). New York: RoutledgeFalmer.
- FitzSimmons, J.A., & Brosnan, P.A. (2001). Gifted. In L. Grinstein & S. Lipsey (Eds.). (2001). Encyclopedia of Mathematics Education (pp. 283-288). New York: RoutledgeFalmer.
- Nicol, M., & FitzSimmons, J.A. (1999). Ronnie taught us while we mentored him. In L. Sheffield (Ed.). (1999). Developing Mathematically Promising Students (pp. 223-225). Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- FitzSimmons, J.A., Kim, J.Y., Nicol, M., & Pavlov, R. (1997, February). February calendar problems. Mathematics Teacher, pp. 127-131.
- Tharp, M.L., FitzSimmons, J.A., & Brown-Ayers, R.L. (1997). Negotiating a technological shift: Teacher perception of the implementation of graphing calculators. Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching, 16(4), 551-575.
- FitzSimmons, J.A. (1996). A model of the construction and praxis of the epistemological mathematical system of a mathematics child prodigy (Doctoral dissertation, The Ohio State University, 1996). Dissertation Abstracts International, 57-07A, 2854.