Quaker colleges have traditionally emphasized the importance of international understanding. For this reason many classes have an international focus and international students are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Admission to Wilmington College is open to international students demonstrating high academic ability. The Committee on Admission will act upon an application when all the following documents have been received:
- A completed International Student Application for Admission
- True certified copies of all certificates, secondary school transcripts, and higher education transcripts
- Two letters of reference
- Official TOEFL scores, SAT scores, or ESL Language Centers reports showing level of attainment (sent directly to Wilmington College)
- A certified bank statement and affidavit of support from sponsor(s)
- An official scholarship letter from home government and/or outside agency, if applicable
- A passport-size photo
Students with a TOEFL (Wilmington Code is 1909) iBT score of 61 (at least 15 sub-scores in each of the four testing areas. The paper-based equivalent is 500, and the computer-based is 173) may be regularly accepted for admission, depending upon their previous academic record. The College requires the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) of international applicants only if the student has been enrolled in an American-style high school or the primary language of the student’s native country is English. On-campus employment is sometimes available but cannot be guaranteed. Off-campus employment is forbidden by U.S. Government regulations unless granted governmental permission.
Before an I-20 form will be issued, students must make satisfactory arrangements for the payment of the first year’s expenses.
DEADLINE To Apply
- Fall Semester – June 1 (for August start)
- Spring Semester – November 1 (for January start)