Section Menu

Study Abroad Opportunities

Who can study abroad? Students who have earned 30 hours and have a GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply to the Office of Academic Affairs for approval to study abroad. Students must complete a study abroad application for WC AND for the host institution/program.

How do I pay for it? Students who choose to study abroad will be a charges $150 administrative fee and will be able to use their Wilmington tuition (minus any institutional financial aid) to pay for approved study abroad or experience.

Will I need a passport? Yes, all students interested in studying abroad should get a passport. Plan ahead – obtaining a passport can take several months. Place internet link for passport instructions here.

Do I have to go away for a whole semester? Only if you want to! There are several different options including courses on Wilmington’s campus that include an international study trip during spring break or in January or May.

How can I get more information about study abroad opportunities? Contact Mark Denniston, Work Program and International Partnerships, or email


Students can enroll in. The cost of the trip varies and is the responsibility of the student. Academic credit is part of the student’s regular tuition cost. Recent trips have included travel to Holland, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico City, Ireland and England, Spain, and Western Europe.