Why choose WC?
Many of the benefits offered to Wilmington College Athletic Training students are described below. For a listing of the benefits we provide all WC students, visit Benefits of Being a WC Student.
Letter from the AT Program Director
Greetings, thank you for your interest in Wilmington College and our Athletic Training program! As Program Director, I’d like to discuss some of the benefits of our program as you continue your college search.
- The program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education(CAATE).
- Many of our students and staff have won state, district and national awards. Check out the scholarship and awards section of our website
- Over the past 30 years, more than 250 graduates have passed the BOC exam to become Certified Athletic Trainers. In 1997, one of our students scored the highest in the nation!
- Founded in 1974, our athletic training program is one of the oldest, largest and most productive in Ohio with a long, successful history of producing over 250 certified athletic trainers.
- We have an extensive alumni network for job placement and internships since most of our graduates work in the state of Ohio. (The head athletic trainer for the Cincinnati Bengals and the head athletic trainer for the Kansas City Royals are graduates of our program.) We have graduates at all levels of athletic training.
- We have an excellent reputation in the industry where employers testify that our graduates are extremely knowledgeable and qualified, thanks to the hands-on training that is the central point of our curriculum.
- One distinct aspect of our program is the $6,500 scholarship that every athletic training major receives beginning their sophomore year through their senior year.
- Students are permitted to play one intercollegiate sport per year and graduate with an Athletic Training degree in four years. At other colleges and universities, many will not allow you to play a sport, if they do, many require you to attend five years for an AT degree.
If you are interested in pursuing athletic training as a career choice, we can certainly provide you with a challenging, comprehensive curriculum that, with hard work and dedication, can help you achieve your career goals. I invite you to visit campus to meet with faculty and current students. To request additional information, click on the recruit form link at the top of this page and complete the form. I will personally respond by sending you additional information.
You may also call the Admissions Office at the number below to make an individual appointment with me or to register for our “Athletic Training Day”. We invite all of our interested students and families to spend the morning with us. We provide in-depth information about the program, the college and anything else you need to know about to help you make an informed decision. I think you will be impressed with what you hear and see. We want you to be a part of our entering freshmen class. I look forward to talking with you soon! – J. Brett Massie