Master of Science in Athletic Training
Application to the Wilmington College MSAT is handled through Athletic Training Application System (ATCAS). It is a competitive process and submitting your application does not guarantee acceptance.
The program utilizes a rolling admission approach. Under rolling admission, you are invited to submit your application to the ATCAS at any time. The program will then review your application and notify you of the decision within a reasonable time.
Applications will not be reviewed until all materials are submitted.
The athletic training program begins in August of each year.
- Earned Bachelors from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and pre-requisite GPA of 3.0, with a minimum grade of “C” in any pre-requisite course listed below. These courses must be completed before the Professional Phase of the MSAT begins.
- Completion of full application process through ATCAS
- Completed application form
- Letter of Interest
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all college/universities attended
- Documentation of 100 hours of direct observation with a certified athletic trainer (Download the Observation Hours form)
- Students must read, sign and return the “Technical Standards for Admission into the Athletic Training Program” verifying that the student meets the minimal required technical standards for admission into the program.
- Qualifying applicants will be required to interview with graduate program faculty (either by phone, or in person).
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology (may be combined course)
- Exercise Physiology
- Human Nutrition
- General Chemistry w/lab
- General Psychology