Administrative Assistant (Registrar’s Office)
OPEN SUPPORT STAFF POSITION
Indeed.com applicants, please view the Wilmington College website for details and application instructions.
Wilmington College is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Registrar’s Office on the main campus. This is a full time, non-exempt position reporting to the Registrar.
The Administrative Assistant provides a variety of office support including:
- Daily provide support for Academic Records. Answer phone, work with walk-ins, and assists individuals with general questions regarding the College and the Office of Academic Records.
- On as as-needed basis, research and prepare reports.
- Keep transcript preparation and distribution on a regular schedule including ensuring payment, timely responses to requests, informing those with denial due to holds, and preparing/ distributing transcripts. Keep the Parchment Exchange transcript ordering webpage up to date.
- Create preliminary degree audits to be finalized by the assistant registrar.
- Serve on NSC committee and regularly prepare reports to be submitted to NSC by IT, as well as make updates on an as needed basis.
- Attend/Maintain VA coordinator training and coordinate VA Benefits for all campuses.
- Maintain and update on-going database archiving of permanent Academic Records documents.
- Maintain and weed the always rotating 6 years of student files.
- Organize and index grade rosters for permanent records.
- Manage and update inventory of forms, transcript paper and supplies, replacing as needed.
- Verify enrollment/hour completion/academic standing for tuition remission, process consortium grade reports, track Pass/No Pass requests.
- Work with web manager to keep Academic Records pages current.
- Provides back-up support for Student One-Stop Center for Main Campus registration.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Registrar.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable; high school graduation or equivalent required plus at least two years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Jenzabar database highly desirable.
- Evidence of accurate data entry, attention to detail, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, current resume and three references to: Wilmington College, Director of Human Resources, via email to email@example.com.