Accountant/Accounts Payable Supervisor
OPEN ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
Indeed.com applicants, please view the Wilmington College website for details and application instructions.
Wilmington College is accepting applications for the position of Accountant/Account Payable Supervisor in the Business Office on the main campus in Wilmington. This is a full time, exempt level position. The Accountant/AP Supervisor provides accounting and purchasing support to the Vice President for Business & Finance, Controller, and Budget Director. Coordinates the activities of the accounts payable and purchasing areas. Supervise Accounts Payable Clerk.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and assists in reviewing, analyzing, verifying, and entering, all invoices, reimbursement forms, credit cards, cash advances and student refunds into the accounts payable system.
- Supervises and assists with payment to vendors.
- Monitors tracking of 1099- MISC reporting and prepares yearly tax forms.
- Handles inquiries concerning invoices, requisitions, expense reports, and credit cards.
- Audit credit card purchases to ensure that only approved vendors are being used.
- Research purchase orders outstanding over 90 days. Monitors standing purchase orders and informs department head of when they have reached the maximum dollar amount, so other purchase orders can be issued.
- In conjunction with conference services record and track all rental income and amounts due to the college. Maintain the Miscellaneous Receivable sub ledger: prepare monthly invoices; research and respond effectively to resolve questions and problems.
- Identify and select vendors to procure requisitioned materials, supplies and services to meet criteria such as price, quantity, quality, and delivery date. Conduct research, evaluate findings and make independent decisions on procurement matters, referring recommendations for major purchases to Vice President of Business and Finance. Initiate and execute purchase awards.
- Assist Budget Director to coordinate with Computer Services to resolve system errors within the Jenzabar Business/Financial module; run journal recovery and general ledger audit for financial module; coordinate and communicate the recovery process with areas including: One-Stop, Cashiers (all campuses), Accounts Payable, Purchasing, and Computer Services.
- Resolve all purchasing related problems between department and vendor. Work closely with vendors to improve turnaround times.
- Prepare and generate reports related to purchasing and inventory control.
- Develop policy and procedure guidelines and publish guidelines in a manual for employees. Endure that all purchasing activities are accomplished in accordance with procedures and within budget and educate and advise college employees regarding procedures.
- Track and oversee leases for college vehicles, copiers, mailing equipment and other equipment. Resolve issues related to leases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 3-5 years related experience. CPA a plus.
- Good organizational skills and detailed oriented with ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of Jenzabar (CARS) highly desirable.