May 10, 2012
Bria Eslick scored 15 points in Wilmington's win over Tsinghua University.
BEIJING, China — The Lady Quakers raised their 2012 China record to 2-0 with a 52-40 win over Tsinghua University.
Bria Eslick and Shelby Kies led the Lady Quakers with 15 and 14 points, respectively.
The game was played at 3:30 p.m., 2 ½ hours after the team finished climbing the Great Wall.
“We played hard again, but we didn’t have our legs,” Wilmington head coach Jerry Scheve said. “We didn’t shoot it very well, but we gutted out a good win against a good team.”
Tsinghua had the size advantage with a front line that went 6’7, 6-2 and 6-1.
“We held our own against their size,” Scheve said.
No comments yet. Be the first!
P R E V I O U S P O S T S
- And the Trip Continues
- LQB Ends China Tour With 60-42 Win
- Lady Quakers Use Bargaining Skills
- Lady Quakers Get First Taste of Defeat in China
- LQB Arrives in Shanghai
- LQB Checks Out Old China, New City and Underground Shopping
- Lady Quakers Raise China Record to 2-0
- Lessons Learned in Beijing
- Lady Quaker Basketball Goes International
- Lady Quakers Win Beijing Opener
A R C H I V E