Oscar F. Boyd Cultural Arts Center



The center, a $7.6 million facility completed in 2005, is named for Oscar F. Boyd, class of 1911, a Wilmington College chemistry professor for more than 50 years.

The Center features the David and June Harcum Art Gallery, 440-seat Hugh G. Heiland Theatre and the Meriam R. Hare Quaker Heritage Center and T. Canby Jones Meetinghouse.

It also includes a two-story academic wing that, while geared toward art, music and theatre, each year hosts some 75 classes in non-arts academic areas.